18 December, 2017

If we did photocards ...

I read Jess's thoughtful post (link here) about what to put on her photocard this year, and she got me thinking about what I would put on a photocard in the this-was-my-year style, if it were the practice in NZ.

I'd have some photos of the native birds that visit our trees; the regular tui, the rare but increasing less rare, and sometimes amorous, kaka (a native parrot), and the kereru (wood pigeon) pair who pay annual visits.


I'd include a photo from one of our visits up north to see my niece, probably one from when we took her for her riding lesson the weekend her parents absconded to Auckland and left us in charge.

Of course, I would include some of our travel photos, as our trip to Iceland, Scandinavia and the Baltic was undoubtedly the highlight of our year. You can find photos from this on my Instagram feed @travellingmali, but I'd probably include the only semi-decent photo of the two of us  (you'll note I'm abandoning all efforts to remain anonymous and invisible here) of the entire year, taken in Iceland, as well as a selection from the other countries, including perhaps the loo with a view (see the fjord from the pedestal!) in Norway.


 



And of course, it wouldn't be me if there wasn't a photo of some wine or cocktail (this one was the best I've tasted in years, thanks to some premium rum - apparently) being consumed somewhere.


Time with friends and family is important too, and although a feature of our year has been the dependence of my PILs, I don't think it would be kind to document that in a card, so I'd use photos from fun occasions, including our croquet game over the hill just a few weeks ago, or the return visit of some overseas siblings-in-law in August, when we partook of the offerings available in the Wellington on a Plate festival.

Finally, this was the photo I chose (from last year's seasonal baking) for the 2017 card I made and sent to a few selected, generally non-blogging non-Fb people, and to mark the season, I am pretty sure I would include that on my photocard too.


6 comments:

  1. I love this virtual Holiday card! Bravo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how cool it is that you abandoned efforts to remain anonymous!
    I love all the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, what a lovely virtual photo card! I love this insight into your life. And woohoo to putting yourself out there. I love that photo of you and your husband! That trip is on my bucket list for sure. Or maybe summer 2019... :) Love it! Thanks for sharing! (way too many exclamation points in this post but I feel particularly exuberant today)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful idea! I love the pictures and the bird song.

    Wishing you peaceful holidays. Christmas greetings from Switzerland!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos, all of them! :) (So nice to see you, too!)

    ReplyDelete